You may have been told that you should visit the dentist every six months for dental checkups, but sometimes you may need to see our team at E.G.I. Dental more often if you are experiencing certain health conditions that could affect your oral health. We offer five reasons you may need to schedule a dental visit to protect your oral and general health:
1. Any situations involving dental pain or an accident that caused a damaged tooth
2. Changes in your oral health, including ill-fitting dentures, tooth sensitivity or sudden shifts in your bite that need to be treated before they become worse
3. Conditions such as gum disease that have been linked to general health concerns such as heart disease, stroke and diabetes
4. Life developments such as receiving a prescription for medication, being diagnosed with a medical condition or finding out you are pregnant
5. Children who have their first tooth or celebrated their first birthday need wellness checkups
Please feel free to contact E.G.I. Dental at 916-683-1994 today if you have any concerns about your oral health or would like to schedule your next dental checkup in Elk Grove, California. We are happy to help you learn more about your dental and general health needs so that you can have a healthier smile.